One of my great passions is reading. I read to escape, to learn, and to entertain myself! I am always excited to find new books to explore, and add to my "Want to Read" list. I thought a great way to kick off the year would be to set a reading goal for 2022 and plan up some books I really want to get my hands on, and I thought I would share with you what I am looking forward to!
First off, if you are an avid reader you need to download the Good Reads app. You can track what books you have read, what books you want to read, find new books, read reviews, leave reviews, and enter challenges. I entered the 2022 reading challenge and pledged to read 30 books by the year end. The app is totally free and love it to keep track of all the books I have floating around.
So here is my list of 30 books. A mix of all genres, types, authors, and time periods.
1. Current Read: The Great Alone by Kristin Hannah
A coming of age story, about a 13 year old girl following her parents to remote Alaska. They thought this frontier would help their family, whose father struggles with violence after coming home from the Vietnam war.
So far I have loved the book. It is a longer book, but when I set down to read I find myself just wanting to keep going.
2. Up Next: The Guest List by Lucy Foley
This has been on my "Want to Read" list for a while. Set on an island off the coast of Ireland, a luxury wedding goes wrong when someone ends up murdered. Can't wait to read this mystery/thriller next!
Want to Read:
This list has a WIDE array of titles. I want to read some classics, some older well known books, recently published books and everything in between! There is just not enough time in the day :)
3. Double Jeopardy by Stuart Woods
4. Once There Were Wolves by Charlotte McConaghy
5. Apples Never Fall by Liane Moriarty
6. Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austin
7.The Woman with the Blue Star by Pam Jenoff
8. The Book of Lost Friends by Lisa Wingate
9. Surviving Savannah by Patti Callahan
10. The Rose Code by Kate Quinn
11. The Lost Girls by Heather Young
12. The Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman
13. Little Fires Everywhere by Celeste Ng
14. The Lincoln Highway by Amor Towles
15. The Family by Naomi Krupitsky
16. Malibu Rising by Taylor Jenkins Reid
17. The Burning Girls by C.J. Tudor
18. Rock, Paper, Scissors by Alice Feeney
19. Miller Avenue Murder by Nenny May
20. The Top Five Regrets of the Dying by Bronnie Ware
21. Little Women by Louisa May Alcott
22. Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil by John Berendt
23. Columbine by Dave Cullen
24. Bitter Harvest by Ann Rule
25. The Growing Season by Sarah Frey
26. The Tipping Point by Malcolm Gladwell
27. Influence the Psychology of Persuasion by Robert B. Cialdini
28. The Panic Years by Nell Frizzell
29. Practical Magic by Allison Hoffman
30. Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery
What are you reading this year? Do you track the books you read and want to read? I would love to hear your feedback, as one of my dreams for Barn Blooms is to host a Book Club! Hopefully in six months or so I can come back with some book reviews for you all!
If you want to be friends on the Good Reads app just search my name, Carrie Herzog.